Applications are invited from emerging youth theatre leaders to participate in a 5 day multi-national Leaders Lab in Dublin. This Leaders Lab is offered as part of the Buzz Network, funded by the European Union under the Creative Europe Programme.
LEADERS’ LAB 1: PROFESSIONALISING YOUR PRACTICE
The first Youth Theatre Leaders’ Lab will be held in Dublin, Ireland from Wednesday 10 – Sunday 14 June, hosted by Youth Theatre Ireland.The five-day lab will focus on the theme Professionalising Your Practice, and is for emerging youth theatre leaders seeking to grow their skills and gain inspiration for developing youth theatre projects. The multi-national group of practitioners will work together to explore creative and project management skills and resources which are particularly relevant to contemporary youth theatre practice. The Lab will help emerging leaders develop their entrepreneurial spirit and capacity as skilled youth theatre practitioners.
WHAT WILL HAPPEN DURING THE LEADERS’ LAB?
Participants in the Lab will come with an idea for a youth theatre project that they wish to develop further. Through a programme of workshops and presentations by experienced youth arts professionals, as well as peer-learning opportunities with fellow emerging leaders, participants will develop their project, and their professional leadership skills further.
• The Lead Artist and Lab Facilitator will be Veronica Coburn. Veronica is currently Artistic Director of the National Youth Theatre in Ireland and is a vastly experienced facilitator of youth creativity, a theatre director, and leader of youth theatre projects and programmes.
• Dublin will be the central base for the Lab activities. Visits to youth theatre organisations and projects in Ireland will also be scheduled across the five-day programme.
• The Leaders’ Lab will run in parallel to Youth Theatre Ireland’s annual Leading On masterclass for youth theatre practitioners. Participants will have the opportunity to engage in the Leading On programme and meet youth theatre leaders from across Ireland.
• High-quality insights into international youth theatre best practice across Europe.
• Exploring the diversity of youth theatre practice across Europe, through peer-to-peer learning and group work.
• Developing your professional practice, broadening your network and increasing your confidence of working at a European level.
• Travel and accommodation will be provided for participants based outside of Ireland, from 10 – 14 June 2020 (Participants from Ireland will receive accommodation only).
WHO WILL TAKE PART?
Applications are now open for artists who are interested in applying for this training opportunity.
• 2 leaders from each of Scotland, Belgium, Germany & Norway will be selected.
• 4 leaders from Ireland will be selected.
• There will be 3 places available for leaders applying from elsewhere in the European Union.
**Please note that Irish applicants must be representing, and nominated by, a youth theatre affiliated to Youth Theatre Ireland.**
The Leaders’ Training Labs are open to producers, managers and facilitators who:
• are at an early stage in their career, leading or managing work with young people.
• want to develop their professional practice and can demonstrate how the opportunity to work internationally will enhance this.
• can demonstrate how the Lab’s theme, Professionalising Your Practice, will be of particular benefit to them.
Please note the event will be run in English only, and all applications should be submitted in English. Participants will need to be able to understand, communicate and work in English.
HOW TO APPLY
To apply please go to buzznetwork.eu and apply before 9am on Monday 2nd March.
For more information on the BUZZ Labs please visit buzznetwork.eu For details of upcoming labs and FAQs, contact BUZZ Coordinator Catherine Makin on email@example.com