Role: Theatre Manager
Salary: £27,000 – £30,000
Closing Date: Thursday 9th August
Main Duties and Responsibilities:
The theatre manager is the primary face of the Theatre. The primary role of the theatre manager is to:
- Represent and advocate for the Theatre, and the Belvoir Players, in an effort to fully enhance its image, visibility and influence across the community. This includes taking an active role in soliciting corporate donations, sponsorships and funding.
- Oversee the day-to-day business operations. This includes coordinating the programme calendar, office administration, finances, advertising, handling rental agreements, and ensuring the theatre consistently exceeds expectations.
- Meet or exceed revenue goals.
- Coordinate programming of Belvoir Players productions through discussion with Artistic Directors.
Applicants must have 5 GCSEs (grades A-C), including English and Maths, or equivalent qualification.
Applicants must, as at the closing date for receipt of application forms, be able to demonstrate on their application form, by providing personal and specific examples, that they have at least two year’s relevant experience in each of the following five areas:
- Managing in a theatre or community setting, including staff management
- Working in a customer facing environment, which must include cash handling duties
- Carrying out a range of administrative duties, including box office and finance duties
- Using Microsoft Office and other specialised software (i.e. box office software, Sage, etc)
- Generating income through funding/fundraising, promotion, publicity, etc.
Applicants must have project management skills, which will be tested via presentation at interview stage.
For more information and to apply click here