Berlin Global is an online news outlet, which reports on cultural diplomacy and the means in which it is practiced and implemented in Berlin and Germany, by the various different diplomatic communities including the German government, the business sector and civil society more generally. The reporting of these news stories are sourced from an assortment of different areas, including the public and private sectors, the Berlin diplomatic community, NGOs and a number of different academic institutions.
The Berlin Global Voluntary Internship Project (2018-20) is a 3 year program with the main purpose to enable students to engage in cultural diplomacy and in doing so, to further promote cultural diplomacy and multiculturalism worldwide.
The Berlin Global invites applications from individuals who are coming from the following fields:
- Eligibility – The internship is open to currently enrolled students who need this internship as a compulsory component of their academic studies or participants of the ERASMUS program.
- Duration – The voluntary internships are full time, unpaid and last 3-6 months.
- Language – Applicants must have good spoken and written English.
- Personal Skills – Due to the nature of our work, we place a high value on flexibility, a strong work ethic, and the ability to work well with others.
- Flexibility – Applicants must be prepared for a flexible working environment as teams and tasks might alter often according to the program agenda.
- Independence – Due to the large amount of activity and programs that BG runs throughout the year Interns work in teams under the direction of a Team Leader/Program Director with minimal supervision.
- Laptop – In addition, all interns must have access to a personal laptop, which they need to bring to the office on a daily basis.
Intern responsibilities include some of the following activities: