TheatreNI are hosting Emergency First Aid at Work Level 3 certificated by FAA, and nationally recognised awarding body – Nuco Plus. The course is based on practical, oral questioning throughout and assessment during the course by trainer, Louise Abbott. The course takes one day to complete.
Please note, all learners need to be physically able and fit enough to complete CPR on a manikin, place a casualty into the recovery, aid a choking casualty and bandage a bleed.
Subjects covered to meet the guidelines of the Health & Safety Executive NI include:
- Roles & Responsibilities of a First Aider in the Workplace – including accident reporting, first aid kit content, assessing the scene and when to send for help, hygiene process
- Cardio Pulmonary Resuscitation with Automated External Defibrillator – assessing the casualty’s breathing and then placing them into the recovery position if they are breathing normally
- Dealing with a seizure
- Dealing with shock caused by major bleeding
- Learning to deal with major & minor bleeding
- Minor injuries such as grazes, bruises, burns
- If anyone, wishes to cover other subjects relating to your particular workplace, please contact email@example.com.
- The above subjects are required to complete the regulated Level 3 Emergency First Aid at work course.
Training costs £45 per person for members of TheatreNI. Contact firstname.lastname@example.org for further information. There are three spaces left on this training.