As part of the Grand Opera House’s restoration and development project in 2020, the Theatre will deliver its most ambitious Creative Learning Programme to date, facilitating more than 200 events across the whole of Northern Ireland, and engaging people of all ages and backgrounds. The Grand Opera House is committed to delivering high quality activities with a wide range of groups and communities, and is seeking practitioners to assist with the delivery of the programme of work which will include one-off workshops, weekly workshops and longer-term projects.
The Theatre invites experienced, enthusiastic and creative practitioners with a flair for communicating with a wide range of people to register to be part of its database, and is looking for facilitators in the following areas:
drama, dance, poetry, musical theatre, scriptwriting, creative writing, literary arts and visual arts.
For safeguarding reasons, and to adhere to the Theatre’s Child Protection and Safeguarding Policy, all applicants must be over 18 years of age.
Eligible applicants must:
- Have a minimum of 2 years’ experience of designing, implementing and delivering creative arts-based activities to a range of age groups and abilities.
- Have thorough knowledge of Child Protection and Safeguarding regulations and procedures.
- Have experience in achieving desired outcomes and delivering targets.
- Have experience of monitoring and evaluating projects.
- Be able to demonstrate artistic quality, attention to detail, and the ability to plan their own time and schedule.
- Applicants must have access to a form of transport to enable them to travel to the required locations across Northern Ireland.
- Be available to work Monday to Saturday, during the day and evenings, from February until September 2020.
DESIRABLE SKILLS AND ATTRIBUTES
- Knowledge of community arts sector across Northern Ireland.
- Experience of administrating creative arts projects.
TERMS AND CONDITIONS
- All successful applicants will be required to undertake an Enhanced Access NI check. The decision of the Grand Opera House is final as to whether any criminal record disclosures meet the Theatre’s requirements.
- Successful applicants must ensure the Theatre’s Health & Safety and Child Protection and Safeguarding Policies and procedures are adhered to at all times.
Being placed on the facilitators’ database does not guarantee any work. Facilitators will be engaged on a freelance basis as and when required.
Hourly rate: £35 per hour to include preparation time.
Mileage will be paid and the cost of materials for workshops will be covered by the Grand Opera House.
Expenses: Out of pocket expenses, which must be agreed in advance, are reclaimable on presentation of receipts. HOWTOAPPLY
Applicants should return the following information in one single PDF document:
- A CV of no more than two A4 pages, which includes demonstrable evidence as to how you meet the essential and desirable criteria.
- Maximum of 5 images or other visual evidence of previous work – this can include video and website links.
- Testimonials from at least three previous clients.
- Geographic area you’re able to cover, and any dates when you’re not available.
- Which of the following workshop areas you would like to facilitate: drama, dance, poetry, musical theatre, scriptwriting, creative writing, literary arts, visual arts
- Assessment of applications will be based on the essential and/or desirable criteria.
- Shortlisted practitioners will be invited to attend an assessment and those who are successful will be placed on the database on receipt of a satisfactory Enhanced Access NI criminal record check.
All shortlisted practitioners must attend an induction day in advance of delivering work on the Theatre’s behalf.
Applications should be returned to Una McKeague, Creative Learning Assistant by email to email@example.com or Grand Opera House, Great Victoria Street, Belfast, BT2 7HR by 4pm on Friday 3 January 2020.
Any queries should be directed to the Creative Learning Team before close of play of Friday 20 December 2020.
Aine Dolan – Creative Learning Manager, tel 028 9027 7735, firstname.lastname@example.org
Una McKeague – Creative Learning Assistant, tel 028 9027 7723, email@example.com