Area of Expertise
• Over 25 years professional experience as Theatre Maker, Performer, Musician, Storyteller, Facilitator, writer director (all ages and abilities)
• I have had written two feature films, three RTE Radio plays and many plays for the stage
• I specialise in devising for youth theatre
• I am the cofounder of the acclaimed Mockingbird Theatre Group
• I am the artistic director of Derry Youth Theatre in Shantallow
Area for Work
- All Northern Ireland
- Greater Belfast
- Creative Team
- Drama Tutor
- Theatre maker
All ages and abilities
June 94-96- New York Irish Arts Centre-
Drama Training- The Heron method- Distinction
June ’08- June 10 Balor Arts Centre
Ballybofey, Co. Donegal Trained as a Drama Facilitator with youth groups, film, intergenerational projects.
Various Dates Theatre Ireland
Various one day long and some residential workshops on Youth Drama, involving mine, improvisation, set design, creative writing
February 2015 National Theatre Connections Various Skills and disciplines conducted through The National Youth theatre of Scotland.
June 2015 Leading On with Chrissie Poulter
Drama Facilitation with people who are reluctant to participate
Sept 2014 – Sept 2016 Musicians without Borders
Learning facilitation to use the power of music for peace-building connecting people and communities and train local youth as change makers.
RTE Radio Drama; Irish Film board; Studio 2, Shantallow; Stage Beyond; Bread and Roses Theatre Company; St Mary’s Youth Club, Creggan ; An Grianan Theatre; Balor Arts Centre; Irish Arts Centre, Various schools and community organisations.
Previous Notable Work
• The Barber of Moville- Mockingbird Theatre Company 2017/2018 Touring Ireland
• Emmet of Arabia Mockingbird Theatre Company 2018 Imagine Festival Ireland
• Rashomon- Stage Beyond –(2016) (adapted by)
• Life is but a Meme- Stage Beyond- (2015)(writer)
• Johnny Baluba – Teenage Detective. Commissioned by An Grianán Theatre, Letterkenny, Donegal.(writer/director) 2013
• The Essay- A full length play for Teenagers. Commissioned by An Grianán Theatre, Letterkenny, Donegal. (writer/director)2012
• Romeo Versus Juliet. Cross border project. Balor Arts Centre/Alley Theatre Strabane.2009
• Tales From The Northside . Dublin Fringe Festival. (writer/director)2005
• To Sean with Love- RTE RADIO Drama. (writer/director)(2016)
Broadcast Sept 4th 2016.
• Redemption Beating RTE RADIO Drama. (writer)(2014)
• Empty Shell-Suits Make no Noise- RTE RADIO Drama. (writer)(2012)
Through Our eyes- Short film- Stage Beyond Theatre Company(2018)
The Prince Of Pies- Feature length film. Dir. Ronan Carr/Keith O Grady. Writer- Ronan Carr. (2017 ). Currently in Post production.
• Rewind- Feature Length film. Dir. PJ Dillon(co-writer)(2010)
• Peace Cubed – Short Film. Rte/Filmbase (writer/director) (2007)
• Coolockland RTE/ Irish filmboard (writer/co-director)(2000)