We are pleased to announce that as part of our TheatreNI Membership Benefits you will now be able to access our Membership Assistance Programme with Inspire Workplaces.
Inspire Workplace provide confidential, independent counselling and a range of employee wellbeing support services support to organisations in all sectors across the island. They currently support 930,000 employees, members and students including employees in The MAC, Grand Opera House, Northern Ireland Civil Service, the Education Authorities, Northern Ireland Ambulance Service, Northern Ireland Fire & Rescue, NI Water, Bombardier Aerospace, Queens and Ulster University.
Through this initiative, as a TheatreNI member, you will be able to access:
- a 24-hour telephone support line, 7 days a week
- up to 6 x 1-hour confidential counselling sessions
- an appointment within 3 working days
- the service, directly, without needing to be referred
- counselling in your own time, either over the telephone or face to face at locations throughout Northern Ireland and the Republic of Ireland
- a comprehensive network of qualified therapists across Northern Ireland and the Republic of Ireland
- A trained counsellor will be there to talk to you at any time.
This important service is an addition to your current TheatreNI member support services. You must be a fully paid up member of TheatreNI to access this service.
This special initiative is supported by public funding through the Arts Council of Northern Ireland. It is being provided for you as a TheatreNI member and Inspire Workplaces are there to support you.
More about Inspire Workplaces Support Services
Inspire Workplace’s self-referral policy means that you will never receive a call unless you have contacted Inspire to request support and they do not accept second or third-party referrals. All Inspire Workplaces counsellors are accredited, highly qualified and governed to ensure that safe, ethical therapeutic practices are in place and adhered to in the service delivery. Keeping clients safe and supported is paramount – if an individual was deemed at risk after the 6 sessions Inspire Workplace counsellors would ensure that the individual is supported to access further support. The clinical team would work with the individual to access further services liaising with their GP as required.
The service guarantees the privacy and confidentiality of users and all aspects of work with the counsellor are confidential within strict, professional counselling guidelines clarified with members at the beginning of the counselling process.
Many of us experience difficulties or encounter issues that cause us distress, either at work or at home. The Inspire Workplaces counsellors can help people to deal with a variety of issues such as: emotional/personal difficulties; marital/family issues; financial difficulties; work/career issues such as work stress or work relationships. Irrespective of what difficulties you may be going through, the Inspire Workplaces counsellors have a sensitive and practical approach; a 6-session goal orientated methodology is used with the aim of empowering individuals to work towards a solution.
In order to access this service, you must:
- Be an individual member of TheatreNI under Band A
- Or currently be employed with an independent theatre company who is a member of TheatreNI. This is applicable to members falling under Bands B, C and D of TheatreNI membership.
- Or if you are an employee of a larger organisation (that would fall within Band E of TheatreNI’s membership) you can access the service by signing up as an individual member.
Your membership must be up to date and fully paid to access the service. You can sign up by clicking here.
We hope you make use of this important service, which is of remarkable benefit and excellent value for money. Your health and wellbeing are of utmost importance to us.
Director of Professional Services
The Member Assistance Programme has been supported by the Arts Council of Northern Ireland through the Arts Development Fund.