TheatreNI offers a number of bursaries to support established and emerging theatre and performing arts practitioners to access professional development opportunities. The bursaries aimed to develop artistic excellence, professional practice and innovative approaches to the creation of theatre and the performing arts in Northern Ireland. In the past these have included bursaries to attend Interchange, IETM and the Dublin Theatre Festival. See news of current and upcoming bursaries below, please note applications for bursaries will open closer to the various events:
- Kenneth Branagh Bursaries: TheatreNI, in partnership with Belfast City Council, are delighted to announce that three £500 Kenneth Branagh bursaries will be made available for a mid-career Producer, Director and Actor to access high quality skills development training in 2018. Further information will be made available soon. Expressions of interest can be sent to email@example.com from Monday 25th of June.
- Small Professional Development Bursaries – to support theatre and performing arts practitioners to attend training and development opportunities outside of Northern Ireland. These are offered on a rolling basis. For more information or to request an application form email firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Divadlo Archa International Summer School – TheatreNI is delighted to be able to send two NI based practitioners to attend the International Summer School on Theatre in Social Context, in Prague, from August 25th-7th September this year. Dominic Montague and Fio
- ‘Go See’ Dublin Theatre Festival Bursaries – to support NI based practitioners to attend work outside of Northern Ireland on a ‘go-see’ initiative, to assist them in the development of their own work, TheatreNI will provide bursaries for two early-mid career practitioners to attend the Dublin Theatre Festival in October.
- IETM – TheatreNI provides bursaries for two experienced practitioners to attend the IETM (International network for contemporary performing arts) plenary meeting. IETM is a network of over 500 performing arts organisations and individual members working in the contemporary performing arts worldwide: theatre, dance, circus, interdisciplinary live art forms, new media.This year’s plenary meeting will take place in Munich from 1st – 4th of November.
- Interchange Bursaries – TheatreNI has provided bursaries for practitioners, who use drama in their work with young people, to attend Interchange (Scotland) for the past two years. Interchange will take place again in 2019. To read more about Interchange click here.
Keep an eye on our website for future updates!