The TheatreNI Partnership in Communities Project gives us the opportunity to work with a range of professionals, organisations and theatre and performing arts groups across Northern Ireland! If you have ideas for how your group might get involved, feel free to get in touch on firstname.lastname@example.org. Take a look below to see some of what we got up to last year!
Last year, through the Partnership in Communities project:
- TheatreNI brought Fra Fee (Theatre Master Class NI) to deliver a musical theatre masterclass to 22 performing arts students in South West College, Enniskillen
- David Calvert (Kids in Control) conducted workshops with Extern
- Patrick J O’Reilly (Tinderbox) conducted physical theatre workshops with Brassneck Youth
- The Lyric Theatre’s Creative Learning Department brought a production of Blackout to an amateur dramatic and youth theatre audience in Newtownards
- Niamh Flanagan (TheatreNI, Executive Director) spoke to performing arts students in Enniskillen and Derry about developing yourself towards a professional career in theatre and performing arts
- Sarah Mulgrew (TheatreNI, Development Officer) took part in a marketplace careers day along with Michael Patrick (Actor, Pan Narrans Theatre) discussing performing arts careers with over 200 year 10 students at St Mary’s Christian Brothers
We have exciting plans for Partnership in Communities 2017-2018 – watch this space!