Your new company
Hays are delighted to be exclusively working with National Museums NI in recruiting for a temporary Project Manager. National Museums NI preserves protects and promotes the regions cultural assets, knowledge and collective memory. The primary purpose of National Museums NI is make collections accessible and engaging to the largest, broadest and most diverse audiences. National Museums NI are proud to positively impact the lives of people in Northern Ireland both socially and economically with over 900,000 visitors annually and a turnover of £14m annually
Your new role
You will Project Manage the systems and processes supporting the Membership offer within the organisation. You will Report to the Project Sponsor, this role will lead a number of work streams to enable the evaluation and resetting of the systems and processes required to enable future transformational growth of Membership of the National Museums Northern Ireland. The role will analyse each stage of the Membership journey to allow for increased efficiency and activation of the membership offer. This will include leading on a Membership Research workstream which will allow for hypothesis testing for different types of membership schemes within the Museums and Visitor Attraction sector. The role will examine the systems and process to allow for improved onsite and offsite selling of the membership offer. It will benchmark and evaluate the CRM systems in the market place to recommend the specification for a Membership CRM system. The role will create recommendations as to how to ensure the financial flows from membership integrate with the financial systems. It will examine the information flows of membership to ensure full GDPR compliance. It will create and analyse the potential the data sets that should be sourced to provide better insights into membership behaviour. The role will present regular progress to the Project Board using the principles of Project Management Methodology. The role will working closely with a range of internal stakeholders including the Head of Experience and Enterprise, the Head of Finance, the Head of Creative Engagement, the Head of Strategic Insights, the Visitor Experience Manager, and the Business Development Manager.
What you’ll need to succeed
Qualifications and experience
- A third level qualification and three years’ experience of Project Management & Possess experience in both strategy and operations, either as a business consultant or as a manager in an organisation.
- Evidence of working within multi-disciplined environments, turning concepts into business cases and feasible projects to see a financial return that align with wider strategies. A track record of delivering business and project outcomes in a range of environments.
- Experience in managing and engaging with internal and external stakeholders, using techniques to influence and negotiate at all levels, effecting change through developing new processes and ways of working
- Demonstrable track record of research, data analysis and insights to inform project concepts and business cases; overseeing these to delivery and project close.
- Highly developed project management skills, driving projects forwards to budgets and timescales with a good understanding of project management lifecycles, processes and practises.
- PC literate using MS Software packages to advanced level.
- Excellent influencing and communication skills with strong written and presentation skills.
- Creativity and innovation in defining change programme activity demonstrating digital capability.
- Clear strategic thinking and planning with high level influencing, negotiation and advocacy skills, enabling strong relationships to be built and maintained internally and externally.
- For National Museums Northern Ireland behaviour and mind-set are as important as skills and experience. They are therefore seeking an individual who can demonstrate the following.
- Demonstrate high personal standards, who drives innovation and embraces change, whilst supporting and leading through matrix style management teams to greater performance
- Excellent interpersonal and leadership skills and a demonstrable approach to collaborative working.
- Possess a project management qualification (APMP or equivalent)
- Knowledge of Membership based organisations coupled with an understanding of the role of museums in contemporary society in supporting access for all.
- Experience in working within delegated financial frameworks, managing budgets to control costs, and procuring and managing services
Up to date knowledge of Charity Law, charitable giving and tax law and data protection legislation, in particular context of GDPR and within a digital context.
What you’ll get in return
This is a fixed term contract running until the end of March 2020. The role is based at the Ulster Folk and Transport Museum in Cultra. The Salary Scale on this role is £36812 – £40,473 (pro rata).
What you need to do now
If you’re interested in this role, click ‘apply now’ to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.
If this job isn’t quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.