In partnership with Youth Theatre Ireland and Department of Theatre, University College Cork, TheatreNI are pleased to announce that registration for the all-Ireland annual Youth Theatre Symposium is now open. Entitled ‘Which way from here?’, practitioners can enjoy two jam-packed days of workshops, discussion and performances.
Which way from here? will explore current trends and practices in youth theatre and pose questions for the future of the sector. The programme will include the launch of CentreStage+20, staged excerpts from Playshare 2020, practice-based workshops, presentations, structured discussions and networking opportunities.
Dates: Friday 22nd and Saturday 23rd November 2019
Venue: University College Cork (UCC)
Participants can expect to:
- Learn new skills and approaches through participation in workshops with thatre practitioners including Annie Ryan and Conall Morrison.
- Be the first to hear the findings of Centre Stage +20. Youth Theatre Ireland’s major research project which provides a detailed picture of current youth theatre activity in the Republic of Ireland.
- Discover new writing for youth theatre through staged excerpts by young people.
- Network with colleagues from all over the island of Ireland.
- Share practice and discuss key questions and themes with other participants.
Open to adult practitioners aged 18+, this is the youth theatre event of the year that welcomes both new practitioners and seasoned veterans – so book your place early!
For registration and further information click here