Creative Programmes Manager – Full Time Permanent
Salary: £31-34k depending on experience
Hours: 37.5 hours per week
The MAC’s aim is to contribute to a creative and confident society that celebrates diversity.
Our mission is to inspire and challenge everyone who experiences the MAC and that includes people who work with us; to create unforgettable experiences that change people’s view of their society and their place in it; to create a space that kick starts connections between people, and between people and art; to build Belfast’s reputation as one of the world’s most creative cities by bringing the world’s best art to our city and our best art to the world; and to reach further into society to those who live with the worst effects of inequality and division.
If you’re a high-performing person inspired by our vision and mission (and are passionate about working hard to help us achieve these) we want to hear from you.
- A related third level qualification with at least 2 years’ experience of curating a live events programme for a wide range of audiences; OR
- Qualified by experience with at least 3 years’ experience of curating a live events programme for a wide range of audiences;
- Experience of successfully producing or co-producing live entertainment or arts events;
- Experience of budget management over £100k;
- Experience of successful income generation through a wide range of sources including box office, trusts and foundation and sponsors.
- Recognised industry qualification and/or a related industry qualification;
- 2 years’ experience of programming a multi art form venue or festival;
- Working knowledge of the issues relating to programming an arts venue;
- Experience of venue hire negotiation and event delivery.
Thank you for your interest in this role, for further details please go to the careers section of the MAC website https://themaclive.com/about-us/careers and download an application pack.
- Please send your CV and a two-page covering letter of no more than 1000 words outlining your experience and suitability for the post. Please include the names, addresses, email, phone number and occupations of two people, not related to you, to whom references may be obtained. One of your referees must be your current or most recent employer;
- A completed equal opportunity monitoring form which can be downloaded from the career section of the MAC website https://themaclive.com/about-us/careers
Please send your CV, equal opportunities form and covering letter to email@example.com or post your application to the HR and Admin Officer, The MAC, 10 Exchange Street West, Belfast, BT1 2NJ.
The closing date for receipt of applications for the above post has been extended to 12 noon on Monday 27 May 2019. Interviews will take place W/C 17 June 2019.
The applicants who fit the specifications outlined above most closely will be shortlisted for interview, so please make sure you tell us everything relevant on your CV.
Please note that we are unable to consider any applications which are received after the deadline. If you cannot make an offered interview time, we may not be able to give you an alternative.
If you have not heard from us by 10 June 2019, please assume that you have been unsuccessful on this occasion.
We are an Equal Opportunities Employer.