Commercial Events Officer – Full Time Permanent
Salary: £21k to £25k depending on experience
Hours: 37.5 hours per week
The MAC’s aim is to contribute to a creative and confident society that celebrates diversity.
Our mission is to inspire and challenge everyone who experiences the MAC and that includes people who work with us; to create unforgettable experiences that change people’s view of their society and their place in it; to create a space that kick starts connections between people, and between people and art; to build Belfast’s reputation as one of the world’s most creative cities by bringing the world’s best art to our city and our best art to the world; and to reach further into society to those who live with the worst effects of inequality and division.
If you’re a high-performing person inspired by our vision and mission (and are passionate about working hard to help us achieve these) we want to hear from you.
- A business-related third level qualification or qualified by experience with at least 3 years’ experience in planning, preparing and coordinating successful events.
- A minimum of 2 years’ experience in a busy events or sales environment.
- Experience of working within a target driven deadline environment.
- Experience of planning, preparing and coordinating events in a multi-purpose venue.
- Experience in actively selling venue hire space and managing multiple incoming/outgoing customer calls and emails on a daily basis.
- Experience of actively pursuing sales opportunities.
- Experience of using venue & event management software, e.g. Artifax.
- Experience of a CRM system.
Thank you for your interest in this role, for further details please go to the careers section of the MAC website https://themaclive.com/about-us/careers and download an application pack.
- Please send your CV and a one-page covering letter of no more than 500 words outlining your experience and suitability for the post. Please include the names, addresses, email, phone number and occupations of two people, not related to you, to whom references may be obtained. One of your referees must be your current or most recent employer;
- A completed equal opportunity monitoring form which can be downloaded from the career section of the MAC website https://themaclive.com/about-us/careers
Please send your CV, equal opportunities form and covering letter to email@example.com or post your application to the HR and Admin Officer, The MAC, 10 Exchange Street West, Belfast, BT1 2NJ.
The closing date for receipt of applications for the above post is 12 noon on Wednesday 22 May 2019. Interviews will take place W/C 27 May 2019.
The applicants who fit the specifications outlined above most closely will be shortlisted for interview, so please make sure you tell us everything relevant on your CV.
Please note that we are unable to consider any applications which are received after the deadline. If you cannot make an offered interview time, we may not be able to give you an alternative.
If you have not heard from us by 31 May 2019, please assume that you have been unsuccessful on this occasion.
We are an Equal Opportunities Employer.