Employer: Olympia Theatre
Closing date: 5pm, 17th September 2015
The Olympia Theatre wishes to appoint a Multi-skilled Technician to join its busy and expanding technical Department. The ideal candidate should have skills/experience in Lighting, AV, Sound, Flying and Stage, with their main skillset in Lighting.
Your main place of work will be at the Olympia Theatre but on occasion, you will be required to work at one of theatre’s other venues, including the Gaiety Theatre.
The salary for the position is €33,462 per annum with weekly hours over 39 being granted as time in lieu. 20 days annual leave also apply.
Candidates should be flexible and willing to work under demanding schedules.
– An understanding of, and proven experience/track record in working with lighting and sound equipment.
– Experience in working in live venue (music/stage/theatre) and similar environments
– A working understanding of associated health and safety regulations/practices
– Ability to remain flexible and confident – working independently and as part of a team
– Excellent time-keeping and organisation skills with ability to work to deadlines, and plan/prioritise short and long-term tasks effectively.
– A good standard of computer literacy including the use of PCs and Macs.
– Infectious enthusiasm, effective communication skills and the ability to deal with people at all levels in a friendly, approachable manner.
– Although no specific qualifications are required, the applicant must be able to demonstrate a good standard of literacy and numeracy.
– Tact, patience and diplomacy.
– A willingness to tackle everything that working in a fast-paced live events environment can throw at you.
– Previous experience of operating large scale lighting equipment in a live environment.
Please send CV and covering letter to firstname.lastname@example.org
We anticipate that interviews likely to occur during the week commencing September 21st 2015.