Title: Executive Director
Salary: £35,000 per annum
Hours: 40 hours per week
Contract type: Full time, permanent
Annual leave: 27 days per annum plus bank holidays
The Executive Director, reporting to the CEO/Artistic Producer, will play a major part in the development of the company’s mission and strategy as appropriate for a registered charity and a company limited by guarantee. The Executive Director is part of the Senior Management team at Theatre Hullabaloo, alongside the Chief Executive/Artistic Producer and the Finance and Administration Manager. The post reports directly to the Chief Executive but will be expected to work and liaise closely with the Board of Trustees independently as well as in partnership with the CEO.
This is a senior position at Theatre Hullabaloo with management responsibility for finance, development (relationships with corporate partners, trusts, foundations, and other donors) organisational legal/contractual matters, building/theatre/premises management, office systems and marketing/public relations activity.
The following areas are within the remit of the Executive Director:
• Develop and implement systems for monitoring and improving organisational performance, working with the Board of Trustees to ensure agreed objectives are delivered
• Coordination of long-range and annual financial and delivery planning in collaboration with the CEO/Artistic Producer and the Board of Trustees to increase organisational resilience
• Management of the Darlington Borough Council operational partnership for The Hullabaloo
• Overseeing financial sustainability, including oversight of budget setting, financial reporting and forecasting, cash flow management, expenditures review and approval (delivered by the Finance and Administration Manager)
• Developing and directing operational plans for administrative operations, ensuring good internal communication and liaison
• Providing leadership for and actively participating in fundraising activities, donor development, grant seeking and grant reporting
• Engaging in stakeholder relationships and partnership development (with an emphasis on regional multi-agency relationships)
• Ensuring the organisation implements strong audience development and engagement, marketing and brand development, working with the Marketing Manager
• Internal communication and leadership
• Be accountable for the implementation of all statutory and non-statutory policies and procedures to ensure Theatre Hullabaloo meets its responsibilities to funders, stakeholders and audiences (e.g. access, inclusion, environmental monitoring etc)
To apply: For further details, including full job description and person specification, click here then send to email@example.com. Click here to complete an Equal Opportunities form online
Deadline: Friday 3rd April 2020.
Theatre Hullabaloo is an Equal Opportunities Employer and recognises the importance and advantages of diverse workplaces and communities. They particularly welcome applications from people of colour, those who identify as LGBTQI+, or who are d/Deaf or disabled.
If you would like to discuss the role prior to application, please contact Theatre Hullabaloo’s office on 01325 405680 so that a phone call with Miranda Thain, CEO/Artistic Producer, can be arranged. They look forward to receiving your application.