How are we pushing the boundaries of youth theatre practice in new ways? This year’s symposium will explore diverse approaches and ways of working to inspire practitioners to push their youth theatre practice in new directions. Through presentations, workshops and discussions we’ll explore: the relationship between digital arts and youth theatre; site-specific theatre work; international perspectives; multi-disciplinary work with partner organisations; design thinking in youth theatre; a physical approach to youth theatre workshops; the dramaturg in youth theatre and much, much more! The Youth Theatre Practice Symposium will be delivered on an all-Ireland basis in partnership with Youth Theatre Ireland, and the BA in Contemporary and Applied Theatre Studies in Mary Immaculate College, University of Limerick. The symposium is aimed broadly at those already engaged in youth theatre practice as well as participants with an interest in youth theatre from the theatre, education, youth work and community sectors.
Participants can expect to:
• Explore current youth theatre practice through a series of presentations, discussions and practical workshops
• Discover recent projects and developments through the lens of the ’Outside the Box’ theme
• Learn new skills and approaches through participation in a specialist drama workshop
• Network with organisations and individuals interested in youth theatre practice
• Share practice and discuss key questions and themes with other participants
Bursaries are avilable for NI participants to attend: contact Niamh Flanagan, email@example.com.